Long-time readers may be surprised (or not!), but we have some big announcements to make regarding the blog and our mission in Japan.
1) The JapanTrends blog is now moving to ShiftEast.com because, frankly, we want to broaden our focus beyond Japan! Our projects take us all over Asia, and we want to be able to bring our readers great ideas and innovations from the region. Much of the world’s focus is “shifting East”, and we think we need to be more inclusive. A proper redesign is on the way as well.
Please adjust your bookmarks and RSS feed: http://www.shifteast.com/feed
…or just subscribe to our newsletter below!
2) If you can’t tell already, we’re making the transition to align more with the rest of our global network under the name of Mandalah! Our New York City and Berlin offices have made the brand switch from CScout to Mandalah along with our offices in Sao Paulo and Mexico City, and we’re finally making the move as well. CScout Japan will still be focused on domestic trends (particularly Tokyo Trend Tours), but Mandalah Tokyo is all about strategy in Japan and Asia through the lens of Conscious Innovation. Simply put, we want to get beyond talking about “what’s new and cool” and would prefer to focus on “what’s better” for companies and individuals.
3) We’re hiring! Are you interested in trends, innovation, and social entrepreneurship? Right now we’re on the hunt for researchers, bloggers/writers, and strategic thinkers who can help us as we expand. We also want more senior-consultant types to really push things forward as we focus on global and domestic projects that require entirely new ways of thinking. We’re pretty open to various backgrounds, but there are a few qualifications:
1) You need to be in Tokyo already and have a visa to work here.
2) Japanese ability is a must. We want creative and open-minded native Japanese as well as non-natives who understand the language and culture.
3) Finally, we need people who “get it”. The world is getting smaller, everything is changing, and we want to be able to help our clients navigate and innovate through turbulent times.
Please get ahold of us through our contact form and we’ll be in touch.
Thank you for all of your support over the years, and we look forward to bringing you even more in the next phase of our adventure!